Yorke Peninsula gears up for an event-full April!
Media Release: 27 March 2018
Yorke Peninsula is gearing up for a big Easter long weekend followed by the April school holidays two weeks later. Yorke Peninsula Tourism Manager Brooke Liebelt says that it’s a wonderful time to visit Yorke Peninsula, with a diverse range of events set to attract visitors from across South Australia and interstate.
Mrs Liebelt says, “Yorke Peninsula will host some of its key events over the Easter long weekend and April school holidays, such as the biennial Yorke Peninsula Art Exhibition at Ardrossan, Yorketown and Edithburgh on 29th March to 2nd April; Tasting Australia events at Barley Stacks Wines on the 15th April and at the Coopers Alehouse Wallaroo on the 14th and 21st April; the biennial Yorke Peninsula Saltwater Classic at Stansbury and Port Vincent on 21st and 22nd April; the Copper Coast 500 Sprints on 29th April; an array of markets, a fishing competition at Hardwicke Bay, golf and much more.”
“Being so close to Adelaide, Yorke Peninsula is the perfect destination to get away from it all and enjoy some time out, whether it be for a day, the long weekend or the school holidays.
“And of course, as well as all the events on offer, there’s a great array of beautiful beaches and attractions to explore around the region, with some great crabbing and fishing action to be had from boat, jetty or shore.
“If you are planning on grabbing the tent, swag or camper and heading to one of our spectacular camping spots please be sure to check if a permit is required before you arrive. You can do this by heading to our website or calling one of our friendly visitor information centres,” adds Mrs Liebelt.
Some of the upcoming events:
- Yorke Peninsula Art Exhibition, Ardrossan, Yorketown & Edithburgh - 29th March to 2nd April
- Stansbury Seaside Market – 31st March & 21st April
- Ardrossan Market and Busking Competition – 31st March
- Easter Miniature Train Ride weekend, Kadina – 31st March and 1st April
- 2018 Hardwicke Bay Family Fishing Competition – 1st April
- Curramulka Farmers’ Market – 1st April
- Wombat statue unveiling, Easter Egg Hunt and Teddy Bears Picnic, Moonta – 1st April
- Wallaroo Markets at Noelene’s Book Café – 14th April
- Coopers & Crabs, Tasting Australia event, Coopers Alehouse Wallaroo – 14th April
- Feast on Yorkes, Tasting Australia event, Barley Stacks Wines – 15th April
- Prawn and Vine, Tasting Australia event, Coopers Alehouse Wallaroo, 21st April
- Yorke Peninsula’s Saltwater Classic, Port Vincent and Stansbury – 21st & 22nd April
- Buildlogix Copper Coast Golf Pro-Am 2018, Copperclub, Port Hughes – 21st April
- Copper Coast 500 Sprints, Kadina – 29th April
For more information on Yorke Peninsula or to download the Yorke Peninsula Visitor Guide or Fishing Guide, head to www.yorkepeninsula.com.au
For further information & media enquiries, please contact Brooke Liebelt, Yorke Peninsula Tourism Manager on 0419 187 467.