Coastal Way Roadtrip
With 700km's of coastline Yorke Peninsula is known for its coast, beaches and spectacular scenery...you can experience all this and more on the Coastal Way.
Discover the trails that make up Walk The Yorke, a 500 kilometre continuous trail around the coastline; relax in a beachfront holiday house, explore Innes National Park or one of the many museums in the region.
Sample delicious seafood straight from the sea or taste some fabulous local produce with the Yorke Peninsula Food & Wine Guide. Catch your fill or blue swimmer crabs, dine at seafood restaurants or head out on a fishing charter with a local expert.
Stay at a caravan park or try bush camping, find your own piece of paradise on a secluded beach, or just explore everything Yorke Peninsula has to offer.
All of this and more can be discovered while enjoying a roadtrip along Yorke Peninsula's Coastal Way.
Coastal Way Touring Map
There's so many places to discover on the Coastal Way...
...from Innes National Park & Troubridge Island, to sampling fresh oysters & local seafood. Discovering new trails and scenic spots as part of Walk The Yorke, or tracing the region's history at Moonta, Wallaroo, Kadina or Ardrossan's Museums.
Download the Coastal Way Touring Map to help plan your visit.
Highlights Of The Coastal Way
Some of the suggested stops along Yorke Peninsula's Coastal Way:
- Salt of the Earth Cafe & Gallery, Port Wakefield
- Arrium Lookout and Ardrossan Museum, Ardrossan
- Port Vincent Kiosk and Port Vincent Outdoors, Port Vincent
- Pacific Estate Oysters and Southern Yorke Oysters, Stansbury
- Troubridge Island
- Walk The Yorke
- Marion Bay Tavern, Studio Surf Art Gallery and Reef Encounters Fishing Charters, Marion Bay
- Innes National Park
- Corny Point Lighthouse
- Inland Sea Restaurant
- Minlaton Chocolaterie and Captain Harry Butler's Red Devil Monoplane, Minlaton
- Aboriginal Cultural Tours
- Barley Stacks Wines
- The Deck Bar & Cafe, Port Hughes
- The Coffee Barn Gelataria and Cornish Kitchen Bakery, Moonta
- Splash Town Water Park, Moonta Bay
- Moonta Mines Museum, Tourist Railway, Heritage Area & Sweets Shop
- Coopers Alehouse and Wallaroo Heritage & Nautical Museum, Wallaroo
- Ducatoon Park Horse Stud, Kadina
- The Farm Shed Museum and Indoor Play Centre, Kadina
- Palate 2 Palette and historic walking trails, Port Broughton
Getting Here & Around
Yorke Peninsula is an easy drive north of Adelaide. The driving is easy and best of all, once you are here there are no traffic lights.
It's only two and a half hours drive from top to bottom and around 30 - 40 minutes from coast to coast. Close proximity between towns and attractions on Yorke Peninsula makes for a leisurely drive, so travel at your own pace, stop when you want and enjoy the sights!
The road to rest and relaxation starts here...travel at your own pace, stop where you want, stay as long as you like and enjoy all the Yorke Peninsula has to offer.
Yorke Peninsula has a colourful history and interesting landscape so take to the road and explore one...or all, of these suggested itineraries - filled with things to discover, great stories and characters to meet along the way...