Fishing RULES & Regulations
To help protect our long term fish stocks, there are strict regulations around the legal size, bag, boat and possession limits and fishing closures.
By obeying the rules you'll help protect our valuable fish stocks. For information on the regulations that apply to recreational fishing in South Australia, please visit Primary Industries & Regions SA.
- Crab fishing in South Australia
- South Australian size, bag and boat limits
- Southern Rock Lobster fishing guide
- Seasonal closures
Windara Reef is open for recreational fishing, boating and diving is permitted however boats are not able to anchor due to possible damage to the reef and anchors getting snagged on the reef structure.
Restrictions apply with the GPS coordinates:
- 34˚30′36.22″ South, 137°53′56.91″ East
- 34˚30′29.74″ South, 137°53′57.15″ East
- 34˚30′36.42″ South, 137°54′04.75″ East
- 34˚30′29.94″ South, 137°54′04.99″ East
The nearest boat launching to Windara Reef is at Ardrossan (dual lane, all tide, with boarding pontoon) & Rogues Point (single lane, not recommended at low tide).
If you’re a tech-savvy angler, download the SA Recreation Fishing Guide app
- Android devices - Download app from Google Play
- Apple devices - Download app from iTunes App Store
- Windows devices - Download app from Windows Store
Most jetties have signage and measuring stations with legal sizes, bag & boat limits, so always check to be sure you’re fishing legally. Or call Fishwatch on 1800 065 522.